Leadership Institute of Riverside County | PLC Leadership Teams that Work
The Professional Learning Community (PLC) Leadership Teams that Work is a two year program designed to support the principal and teacher leaders in creating an environment in which the school as a whole can develop as highly functional collaborative, interdependent teams focused on student learning.
• Focuses on the research-based practices of Robert Marzano in “School Leadership that Works”, “What Works in Schools”, and “Classroom Instruction that Works” as well as Richard DuFour’s practical approach to PLCs in “Learning by Doing.”
• Supports schools in applying the Essential Program Components of the Academic Program Survey as a vehicle to becoming a PLC.
• Participating schools have achieved the following:
- National Blue Ribbon status
- California Distinguished Schools status
- exited SAIT
- exited Program Improvement
• The School Leadership Center supports approximately 36 schools per year in this program.
• Student achievement data shows that participating schools have increased their level of student achievement at a higher rater than the state or county.